All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 XP installation of V22 fails
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jlawton

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2018 :  12:38:46  Show Profile  Visit jlawton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting in the light of my comments regarding installation under Wine, I now find that trying to update a V21 installation on an Windows XP machine has failed.
I also tried a clean install of V22.
I don't know whether anyone else has tried this, maybe I'm the only one still running XP or this failure is a special case?

John

shadders

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2018 :  20:46:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jlawton

Interesting in the light of my comments regarding installation under Wine, I now find that trying to update a V21 installation on an Windows XP machine has failed.
I also tried a clean install of V22.
I don't know whether anyone else has tried this, maybe I'm the only one still running XP or this failure is a special case?

John

Hi John,
I have updated on a Windows 8.1 VM, no issues. I do not have a Windows XP to test.
Regards,
Shadders.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2018 :  12:02:04  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is an issue here. Cuyrrently XP is not supported (neither is Windows 7, though it's still in wide use). There were some minor issues with the BOM composer even with V20/21, but the biggest issue here is the legacy support for the compiler used. Cl;early, this has to be kept up to date for compatibility with the most recent versions of Windows, but a side effect is that an older version of Windows not supported by the compiler can't be supported regardless of the source code compatibility.

In fact, a combination of an updated compiler plus necessary changes in V22 for the new library loader have finally put the nail in the coffin of XP compatibility, so if you can't move to a newer Windows version for whatever reason, then using Linux/Wine would be your only option.
Go to Top of Page

shadders

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2018 :  15:03:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I think that Easy-PC is a 32bit program.

As such, will Number One be moving to a 64bit program in the future ?

Thanks and regards,
Shadders.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: