All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Layer Colours Different
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2018 :  14:14:15  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I imported a customers design. In the PCB editor he used a different set of layer colours to me so I loaded a my own colour file in the Display settings.

Great the PCB now is in the colours I use .... BUT the colours in the dockable layers bar are the originals !!! very confusing.

Anyone know if this is a bug or know how to get round it ??

Iain

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2018 :  14:23:41  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Iain,
Had this problem all along.
Try changing the layer colours in Design Tech=>Layers. Think you'll find all the colours will then agree.
BR.
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2018 :  19:24:58  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ed,

Yup you bang on .... but why ?????

Iain
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2018 :  19:47:00  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Too many "switches" doing the same thing. Layers tab and True Width is also inconsistent with "Display". Accordingto Tech Support they work as intended. Beats me!
Go to Top of Page

DB17

32 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2018 :  15:37:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edrees

Too many "switches" doing the same thing. Layers tab and True Width is also inconsistent with "Display". Accordingto Tech Support they work as intended. Beats me!

Slightly related, I know you can hide individual layers but can you make the tracks associated with one particular net invisible? I want to view all tracks except those connected to GND.
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2018 :  16:42:00  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@DB17
This is unrelated, in future start a new thread.

Answer to your question is YES.
Hit F1 => Index, type "View Net Connections" - you will learn more that way rather than continually asking fairly basic questions on the forum.
Go to Top of Page

DB17

32 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2018 :  17:02:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

@DB17
This is unrelated, in future start a new thread.

Answer to your question is YES.
Hit F1 => Index, type "View Net Connections" - you will learn more that way rather than continually asking fairly basic questions on the forum.

Thanks edrees. I am conscious that I'm asking lots of questions. My apologies and thanks for your patience.

I did try "View Net Connections" before posting. I can select a net and highlight it. However, when I click on View/Net Connections/Hide Selected, I can still see the net on the screen. Nothing disappears. I figured that I must be doing something wrong.

(I will observe the forum protocol with regards to future questions.)
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2018 :  17:34:58  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A "net connection" is the thin yellow elastic band connection which is selectable under View=>Net Connections. It isn't the routed copper track which cannot be individually hidden (apart from the whole layer). You could temporarily assign a Track Segment width of zero to (all) parts of it.

Go to Top of Page

DB17

32 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2018 :  17:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

A "net connection" is the thin yellow elastic band connection which is selectable under View=>Net Connections. It isn't the routed copper track which cannot be individually hidden (apart from the whole layer). You could temporarily assign a Track Segment width of zero to (all) parts of it.

Thanks edrees. I'll stop looking for a way to do this.

I really appreciate all the help that you have given over the last week.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: