All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 Can't select shapes in V23
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Baraclough

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2019 :  20:37:36  Show Profile  Visit John Baraclough's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been away from here for quite a while but have just started using V23.0.1. I have added some shapes to the silk screen layer on a PCB and I now want to move or delete them but am unable to select any of them.

Is this a bug?

-------------------------------------------------------
Birthdays are good for you: the more you have, the longer you live ... and I've had lots of them so I should know!

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2019 :  22:31:23  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi John,

Works for me under Win7/64 Pro.

Under Display (Rainbow icon) check that the (silk screen) layer is "Selectable".
Go to Top of Page

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  10:37:53  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suggest you also check that you haven't accidentally toggled the 'Select Mask' button for Shapes which then tells Select to ignore them.

David
Go to Top of Page

John Baraclough

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  15:49:18  Show Profile  Visit John Baraclough's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks both. David hit it on the button. The select mask for shapes was off. I guess that's the default state for a new installation as I didn't even know where to find it without going to the help menu!

All sorted now and back in business.

-------------------------------------------------------
Birthdays are good for you: the more you have, the longer you live ... and I've had lots of them so I should know!
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  17:14:11  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi John,

Not sure about it being the default state being off as it hasn't affected my work and I didn't even know "Select Mask" existed (never used it in my life!). Like Fix item, when activated it doesn't "stand out" in the Editor.

But I too had a similar issue with (PCB Editor) Design Tech=> Spacings and "Use Board Centreline" (wasn't ticked), so my copper flood didn't exactly pour to the edge of the pcb as I had used a board outline thickness of 0.5mm and the pour was 0.25mm short!

BR
Go to Top of Page

shadders

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  19:09:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edrees

Not sure about it being the default state being off as it hasn't affected my work and I didn't even know "Select Mask" existed (never used it in my life!). Like Fix item, when activated it doesn't "stand out" in the Editor.

Hi,
It is the new feature of V23.
Regards,
Shadders.
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2019 :  21:16:30  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yup Select mask is new in V23 ..... cannot really see its usefulness !

iain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: