Editing .gbr file
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chris2006

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2020 :  18:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

I need to do a small amount of editing to the silkcreen on my gerber files

I can import the files ok and make the changes but when I save the files its saving as a .pcb file

Is there anyway to save as a .gbr file ?

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2020 :  19:07:51  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You need to generate new gerber files in the Output/Plotting and Printing.

Iain
Go to Top of Page

chris2006

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2020 :  19:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lain

Thanks for your help, I'll give that ago

Go to Top of Page

chris2006

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2020 :  19:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lain

One other question

I want to remove a through hole location on the PCB

When I remove the through hole location is it possible to poor copper in the hole that's left in the track?

Sorry for all the questions, Im a complete novice
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2020 :  10:06:23  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If it is a plated through hole (or via), it may connect two or more copper layers together. Removing the through hole (or free pad?) will isolate these different layer tracks and the existing track will "repair" itself back to the normal specified track width. You may find that the sections of track adjacent to this through plated pad might also disappear -depending on its connectivity.

Experiment with EasyPC as its WYSIWYG especially if you have set up every layer (copper + non-electrical) to be visible. Keep a backup of the original file just in case. Generate the full set of new Gerbers (and Excellon drill files), then import the files into a free online Gerber viewer to see if you have achieved your objective. Best of luck!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: