All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 v23.0.5 unstable?
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MikeMillen

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2020 :  16:39:02  Show Profile  Visit MikeMillen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
v22 and v23 have been very stable under W10 for a long time here, through all updates until now.

I've just run the v23.0.5 update and (in schematic) it's crashed 4 times in 5 minutes... just closing with a "EasyPC has stopped" pop-up.

(I think each time was when I was running the Windows Output to printer)

Anyone else seeing any change in behaviour?

Mike.

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2020 :  18:19:47  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There was a bug inadvertently introduced into release V23.0.4 which had the effect of caussing a crash when printing from schematics was attempted. The major reason for releasing this patch so quickly is to remedy that problem. Please check that the patch has installed correctly. Perhaps download and run a fresh copy. If you are still experiencing a problem, please send a copy of your support file to the support desk.
Go to Top of Page

shadders

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2020 :  19:22:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
The following may be an issue - you may have implemented the patch when a Windows 10 update is causing a lot of problems too :

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/disastrous-new-windows-10-update-is-causing-serious-issues-for-some-people

May be worth checking.

Regards,
Shadders.
Go to Top of Page

Ampdoctor

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2020 :  10:03:40  Show Profile  Visit Ampdoctor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our invoicing computer lost it's on board network connection after a recent W10 update. When I fitted a PCI network card it wouldn't boot up and needed the attention of a computer shop.
Tech said that the hard drive ended up with two versions of W10 on there which stopped it booting up.
Haven't had any issues printing schematics though.
Go to Top of Page

MikeMillen

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2020 :  15:08:44  Show Profile  Visit MikeMillen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peter Johnson

There was a bug inadvertently introduced into release V23.0.4 which had the effect of caussing a crash when printing from schematics was attempted. The major reason for releasing this patch so quickly is to remedy that problem. Please check that the patch has installed correctly. Perhaps download and run a fresh copy. If you are still experiencing a problem, please send a copy of your support file to the support desk.

I'd done a lot of printing to Primo PDF printer with v23.0.4 with no problems.

I've just reloaded the v23.0.5 patch and successfully printed to Primo pdf.

The PC's had a nice overnight rest and a reboot since the crashes, so maybe it will behave from now on... I'll let you know.

Mike
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: