All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Changing an object's centre of rotation
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DB17

32 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2020 :  21:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am laying out a board and want to position some LEDs so that the legs sit on the arc of a circle.

Is there any way to change the centre of rotation of the component so that it rotates about the centre of the circle (rather than about the centre of the component)?

I'm using Easy-PC 1000 Version 22.0.1

Thank you.

edrees

United Kingdom
763 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2020 :  22:32:10  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you tried using "polar" grid set up?
Set origin as circle center, the LEDs should then align as you desire (I think!).

Edit. Yes it does! Specify the "Divide Circle Into (xx) Steps" and you're ready to go!

Edited by - edrees on 31 Jul 2020 09:20:59
Go to Top of Page

DB17

32 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2020 :  10:59:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Ed. for your suggestion, which I have tried. I found that the LED holes snap to the polar grid but I can't rotate the LED so that it's tangential to the circle. It's a bit tricky to explain so I've uploaded a sketch of my desired layout here: https://ibb.co/bNSDRBK

You can see that the holes sit on concentric circles. (I can do everything manually with a lot of calculation I guess but I was hoping that their might be a quicker way.)
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
763 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2020 :  11:30:31  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you go to (pcb) symbol editor and rotate the LED component 90 degrees, place the symbol origin mid-way between the LED pads and re-save, you will get what you want????

Edited by - edrees on 31 Jul 2020 11:32:52
Go to Top of Page

ianafh

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2020 :  11:38:06  Show Profile  Visit ianafh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As edrees says, polar grid should do what you want.

If you eant to place on a regulat grid you can change the rotation of each component by editing the component properties.

Ian.
Go to Top of Page

DB17

32 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2020 :  16:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edrees

If you go to (pcb) symbol editor and rotate the LED component 90 degrees, place the symbol origin mid-way between the LED pads and re-save, you will get what you want????

Yes!

Thanks for your help, edrees. I haven't used the polar grid before but I'm up and running now. Appreciate your help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: