Help For Easy-PC Users
 Manufacturing Outputs
 Step and repeat with slot in between
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neilh

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2021 :  04:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if there is a tutorial on a panelization with a slot in between.
I assume that is what the step and repeat function is for, but when I try it doesn't seem to offer a way to add a slot, or mouse bites, to be able to break the panelized boards apart.
thanks.

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2021 :  10:43:22  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I never specify panels, -rather leave it to the Manufacturer to design. He knows the best formats to use for his processes, V-Score, routing drill size, solder stencils etc. etc. for his production equipment. Talk to him!
Go to Top of Page

neilh

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2021 :  17:30:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weellll ... i'm doing a small production run low component count small board... possibly 20, and manufactures have large batch costs NREs and lead times.
So if I can panelize 3x3, make it larger footprint and do a solder mask I can turn it around a lot faster and cheaper with oshpark.

Of course there is the learning curve, which means allowing for the first time mistakes and doing it with background projects.
I have figured out how to panelize with ki-cad as there is a panelization utility and tutorial for it.

This board I did with EasyPc so was just checking if anybody else had insights. :)

Edited by - neilh on 15 Jun 2021 17:34:41
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2021 :  17:49:59  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Get your boards done here ....https://jlcpcb.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI963Y_sy75AIVCLrtCh1BhQuAEAAYASAAEgIpKfD_BwE

Cheap, very fast, no tooling costs and excellant quality.
I use them all the time, just send them your gerbers !!

Iain
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2021 :  21:28:24  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use PCBWAY now for my prototypes/ small batch production. Looks like JLCPCB is very similar.

Up to ten bare 100x100mm (double sided PTH, double sided silk screen) 24 hour manufacture for ~USD25 (inc. Air Freight by DHL) usually arrives within 4-5 business days. Many other options (including panalisation) available at additional modest cost. Import Duty ignored by Customs as Order is of such low value.

Good quality pcbs at ridiculously cheap prices. How do they do it?

They also manufacture and produce stencils.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: