All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 PCB outline problem
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2023 :  11:24:41  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As a very long term user of EasyPC I find my self a little embarrassed having to ask a basic question such as this, its maybe old age I don't know but here goes .....
I normally am given complex board outlines from my customers in the form of a DXF file and thats fine. However on this occasion I need to create my own. Its basically an outline containing a number of specific angles of various sides.
Now I *thought* I could do this with the "shape editor" tool but it doesn't seem to work the way I would like. I'm probably not using this correctly but if I draw the rough shape I need, then open the shape information bar and try to edit co-ordinates and angles the angle information for instance is initially all 0.0 and editing it to a given value only creates arcs !!
I'm doing something wrong here or I'm going mad in my aging years .... probably the latter !!!

Embarrased Iain

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2023 :  14:37:26  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Iain, nothing to do with Fillet/Mitre settings?
Just a wild guess!

Sorry can't help with the age issue. I'm having the same problem, hopefully V27 will have a fix for this!
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2023 :  11:41:01  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ed,

Nope canny really figure it out ... such a basic thing to try and achieve .... yup its maybe old man syndrome

Iain
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2023 :  12:11:49  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just "experimenting" Iain and can see your issue.

Try adding a segment to your segment in question (using the Shape Info Tool as guidance for x,y and angle info), then "Arc"=> "Arc to line" should give you what you're after.

Must admit, not used this feature before and its not exactly intuitive is it!

BR.

Ed.

Edit.
I've concluded its easier to do the Trig to work out the next X,Y co-ordinates!

Edited by - edrees on 16 Jan 2023 12:51:07
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2023 :  16:50:40  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ed,

Thanks for confirming I'm not loosing my mind.

My eventual solution was the same as yours and do the trigonometry and then simply enter the co-ordinates !

Everyday is a school day even at our ages

cheers

iain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: