All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 An unrecoverable error has occured
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jacques

Belgium
17 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2007 :  05:22:11  Show Profile  Visit Jacques's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Conditions :
New machine, Dual core 2.2G with 2G memory
Vista professional up-to-date
Nothing installed on it but Office 2007 and Easy-PC full suite
small board with about 100 components, placed manually on a 50 mils grid. No SMD's.
running pro-router, I unchecked "use minimum width", and in Net classes I choose to route only the signal nets. all other settings are left to default.
Pressing "route" gives the infamous message and I'm thrown on desktop.
What do I do now ?

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it" ... I should remember this !

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2007 :  05:33:11  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You don't mention which version of Easy-PC you are using, but I suggest you try downloading and installing the latest update from the web site even if it looks like you're on the latest revision. We had a customer yesterday with a similar ProRouter problem which was resolved by installing the patch.

David Manns
Technical Support
Number One Systems
Go to Top of Page

Jacques

Belgium
17 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2007 :  05:39:11  Show Profile  Visit Jacques's Homepage  Reply with Quote

It won't be =that= easy : running 10.0.6 at the moment.

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it" ... I should remember this !
Go to Top of Page

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2007 :  05:47:48  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you got to 10.0.6 by installing the patch, was this the one dated 3rd May, or 1st May? We had to re-issue the patch to overcome a last-minute fault with the prorouter interface (routerinterface.dll). If your copy of that file is not dated 22-Jan-2007 then taking the 10.0.6 patch again will cure it.

David Manns
Technical Support
Number One Systems
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: