All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 The net that once was there...
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jacques

Belgium
17 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2007 :  05:12:27  Show Profile  Visit Jacques's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not much of a problem, but rather annoying because it give an uneasy feeling about the exact correspondance between Schematic and PCB.
Here we go :
I draw a schematic. In this one I have a net I name +750V.
I modify the schematic and the +750V net isn't needed anymore (i.e. all components tied to it have been deleted or connected to other nets)
When I "translate to PCB" everything works fine BUT in PCB if I do "settings/nets.." the net +750V (and some other nets I have previously deleted in schematic) is still there. I know I can delete it in that list but well... I don't see why my PCB inherit all the rip-and-retries I've done in the schematic.

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it" ... I should remember this !

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2007 :  07:15:39  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't say quite what's going on here, because there's a vital piece of information missing.
When you translate to pcb, there's a technology file specified for the translation. You need to look at the technology file that was used, as any nets that are defined there are automatically copied into the design, whether they're used or not.
If the +750V isn't in the technology file, did you delete it from the schematic before or after you did the translation?
Essentially, Easy-PC takes the netlist from the schematic and uses that to build the pcb, so it's difficult to see how a net that wasn't being used could have been carried across.
Go to Top of Page

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2007 :  07:31:21  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The problem here is that 'translate to pcb' does in fact push across all the nets, including the empty ones. I can't think of a good reason now why it should do that, so we should perhaps change the program to stop it.

David Manns
Technical Support
Number One Systems
Go to Top of Page

Jacques

Belgium
17 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2007 :  11:19:34  Show Profile  Visit Jacques's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I support this.

Jacques Casier
ACDC sprl, Brussels

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it" ... I should remember this !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: