Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Slotted pads
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Geotech

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2008 :  20:51:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to create a slotted pad. If I simply edit a round pad, I cannot figure out to make the hole slotted. If I create a new pad style in Design Technology, I cannot enter decimal sizes (2.5mm) for either the pad or the slot.

- Carl

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2008 :  13:21:00  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are two issues here. Dealing with the decimal one first, go to [Settings], [Units], and increase the precision figure from '0'. This number determines the number of decimals used.

The second one is that slotted pads, for a variety of reasons to do with file structure, cannot be defined as a local attribute. Put another way, they must always have a satyle associated with them. Adding a style in the design technology dialogue is exactly right, and with the precision corrected, should go smoothly.
Go to Top of Page

mgm

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2009 :  17:58:41  Show Profile  Visit mgm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to do a slotted Pad in Version 11?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2009 :  19:00:51  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: