All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 SMT link problem in PCB from Schematic?
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mgm

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2009 :  16:07:50  Show Profile  Visit mgm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have made a 0402 link as a component for my schematics and pcb layout. The problem seems to be if I update from the schematic to the PCB then the PCB section rips up the tracks I have put down and the yellow wires indicate that a track is not routed even if it is physically there but on the other side of the link…?
It’s almost like I have to make each pad of the 0402 link the same NET, which seems weird?

Any ideas?

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1011 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2009 :  17:58:33  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If the two pads are physically joined then they must be the same net.
Why don't you simply use an 0402 resistor but mark it as 0R ?

Go to Top of Page

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
493 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  11:27:34  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Conversely, if the link is required in a specific location in the circuit, then make sure that the nets either side of it have different names/numbers. That way the topology of the circuit will force the link to be in the place you expect.

If forwarding changes is unrouting entire sections of track, if you can identify which end is going to be changed, then just unrouting the last segment will prevent the rest from being ripped up. It's just the last segment that gets reconfigured.

Try running an integrity check first. The report should give you a good idea of which traces will be disconnected (which is when they're ripped up), then when you've prepared for it, you can go ahead and forward changes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: