All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Auto-Routing
 ProRouter not appearing on Tools menu
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2009 :  09:40:07  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We currently have a few customers who are finding that with V13 their ProRouter no longer appears on the Tools menu. We are working on trying to reproduce the problem here so we can fix it, but its proving to be rather elusive.

In the meantime, you should be able to work around the problem by adding a toolbar button for the ProRouter command using Customise.

Just right-click in any toolbar or the main menu and choose Customise, on the Commands tab choose Tools in the list of Categories, then find ProRouter in the list of commands and drag it off to one of your toolbars. At least you should then be able to use the router while we are working on restoring it to the menus.

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2009 :  10:07:39  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have this very problem. However I going through your work-around I cannot find Prorouter in the list you mention.

Prorouter apperas to be installed (on the optional features) AND I can route selected nets (using Autoroute) ..... and if you select UNDO it mentions prorouter. However I can never access the main Prorouter Dialogue

Iain
Go to Top of Page

shuttlem

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2009 :  13:01:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just installed V13 and have this problem. You probably have lots of reports about it already, but as I was expecting the problem I made a mental note of what happened, so for what little it's worth here goes...

First thing after installation I opened the example prerouted PCB CPS.pcb. "Prorouter..." was on the tools menu but selecting it didn't bring up the Prorouter dialogue, just the dialogue indicating Prorouter was running. After a couple of seconds that disappeared. I did that several times. I then did an 'unroute all nets' and after that 'Prorouter...' was completely absent from my tools menu. Restarting Easy PC, the 'Prorouter...' menu option is now completely absent.

As an aside, I then tried using EasyRouter to route the PCB. After 5 passes and 20 odd minutes it still had 80ish tracks it couldn't route. Doing your workaround I then used ProRouter to do it and it routed to 100% in about twenty seconds. So for anyone reading this and wondering why they would want ProRouter when they have EasyRouter, that's why!
Go to Top of Page

remi

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2009 :  13:59:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what is your serial number?
Go to Top of Page

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2009 :  11:26:01  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why would you need to know someone's serial number?
Go to Top of Page

shuttlem

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2009 :  09:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DavidM

Why would you need to know someone's serial number?

My thoughts exactly !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: