Auto-Routing
 Unable to use Pro-Router
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davekelly

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2009 :  09:24:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Windows Vista 32bit, EasyPC 13.03.

I just tried to use Pro-router for the first time in a long time (> 1.5 years), and the first time since installing V13.

It won't start though, Vista reports that it has stopped working.

From my Events log:

Faulting application aroute.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x49f579f3, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0x80000004, fault offset 0x003d0796, process id 0xb90, application start time 0x01ca6dad61172d5f.

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2009 :  12:13:30  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you haven't done so already, please can you try it on one of our demo boards? This would at least prove whether it is something specific to your PCB design or a more general problem with the router.

In either case I suggest you produce a 'support report' (Help, Support, Support Info) and send this to our support team (support@numberone.com) together with details of your problem and anything else you think might be helpful.
Go to Top of Page

davekelly

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2009 :  15:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will post my solution to the problem:

It looked like a HASP driver problem, but as that didn't cure it, I turned off DEP, now it works correctly.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
488 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2009 :  16:05:16  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It could be a Hasp driver problem anyway. If you follow the end user links for Hasp4 on the Aladdin website, there is a later driver compatible with Vista and Windows 7. Unfortunately it's not compatible with some older operating systems, which is why we're still shipping the older one.

You might also find it helps if you right click on the Easy-PC icon and use 'Run as Administrator' when enabling new features, as this ensures that everything is allowed to be put in place correctly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: