Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 Net Names
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rvpilot

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  14:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if its possible to create a schematic symbol and add a netname reference label against each pin placed on it ?

I know you can go to the pin properties when the component is placed on a schematic and check the Net Name option.

I want to modify the TO and FROM symbols to automatically show the net name of what its connected to without having to change the properties when placed or ShowNetName and reposition the netname label from the net next to the TO/FROM symbol.

One other great use of this would be for the GND and Power symbols so that the label always showed the netname rather than the component name (providing an instant check that all the grounds are connected to the same net, etc). I don't use the feature to force a net connection against a schematic pin in the component editor, I personally find it too restrictive, especially if I need to split planes and grounds.

Hope that makes sense!

If it can't current be assigned as a pin attribute in the symbol editor, it would be a really nice feature.

Edited by - rvpilot on 29 Jul 2014 14:34:58

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  09:46:27  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you edit the symbol, select the pin and choose Properties, you should find a Netname checkbox that you can tick. Then when you connect to the pin on a component that uses that symbol, you should see the name of the net displayed automatically on the schematic drawing.

David
Go to Top of Page

rvpilot

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2014 :  10:46:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
<numpty>

Hold on a minute !!! You can now ! DOH !

That's is a feature I've been wanting for a while and apparently it's already been added, Last time I created symbols, it wasn't included ... That'll teach me to ask question before delving into the application.

</numpty>
Go to Top of Page

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2014 :  11:03:00  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just glad we got there in the end!
Go to Top of Page

rvpilot

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2014 :  11:06:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks David :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: