General Issues
 Importing Designs
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2020 :  09:45:49  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still no clarification from NumberOne regarding the free "Cost Options" included in RS Design Pro for less than the cost of the basic EasyPC. Even Dominic Cummings didn't have this much time to come up with a credible explanation! Perhaps existing EasyPC users will be offered a free upgrade (or at least a heavily discounted offer) for these packages in the forthcoming Ver.24 of EasyPC?

And resurrecting an old discussion, "DesignSpark Pro" or "EasyPC". Which sounds better when discussing your CAD system with your Clients?

Keep safe everyone!
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2020 :  11:48:24  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ed,

My very thoughts ..... perhaps a link to support might trigger a response ??

Iain
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2020 :  13:42:25  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
.... perhaps a link to support might trigger a response ??

Done.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
489 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2020 :  10:30:54  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IDF export IS the only option for Easy-PC that is available in DS Pro. There was an error in the code which meant that some of the options appeared to be available in the trial version of DS Pro, but they are not, have not been and probably never will be available in DS Pro. David's earlier posting regarding this is correct.

Design Spark/Pro are handled by RS. They are NOT Westdev distributors and operate at arms length with their own support infrastructure. For that reason, there's no reason, commercial or otherwise, why the two products should merge. I'm sure our marketing folk are aware of the price discrepancy, and probably have some plans in place to address it, but if so, I'm not privy to them. Easy-PC is certainly a mature product, but most certainly not a dead one, and I can think of a number of ways, some commercially sensitive, in which it could be made more attractive to new users, but, again, such development plans, if they exist, are not something about which I'm informed.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
Jump To: