PCB Layout
 Custom Paste Being Ignored
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cicero

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2018 :  14:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm using v21, and have previously made some customs paste pads (bullet type for passives etc) for a few components.

I produced a PCB with those custom pads just fine at the time, but I'm a few months down the line, reutilising those same library components, and the custom paste pads are not being pulled through.

I am at a loss as to why?! I've gone through the Design File Layer tabs and made sure that's all the same between both projects, and it still wont work.

I must be doing something stupid, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers Cicero

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2018 :  14:42:43  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi.
Although your "Layers" may be the same, have you checked the settings for the solder paste under Layer Types? There's probably an "Exception" listed in the row for the Paste Mask.
Go to Top of Page

cicero

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2018 :  14:16:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no exception field in the Layer Types tab, I still can't find anything different. Driving me mad.
Go to Top of Page

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  09:27:40  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The easiest way for us to resolve this for you is if we can see the PCB design file. If you email it to support@numberone.com with a brief explanation we can take a closer look for you.

David.
Go to Top of Page

cicero

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2018 :  09:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok will do, I'm convinced I'm doing something stupid....its just figuring out what.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: