Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Highlight by value
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scazon

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2020 :  11:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Request for future feature: highlight component by value. I've got 200+ 0603 resistors of various values to hand solder on a prototype, and it would speed things up greatly if I could see where they were without a trawl through the BOM!

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2020 :  11:53:47  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not EXACTLY what you are after, -but have you tried GOTO=>Components (by Value Contents)? Then right click Select All Find Items.
Then repeat above for each resistor component value.
Go to Top of Page

Scazon

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2020 :  10:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GOTO component doesn't have that option (or any options) in my version (v23.0.3), either for schematic or PCB...
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2020 :  11:05:53  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
PCB Editor. Right click right hand side side bar to get a GOTO tab.
There is (should be!) a drop down menu after you click on the GOTO side tab. I think the first sub menu (default) is Component, but if you click on the down arrow alongside Component, you get a full menu, the 5th down is "Componenent (By value Contents)".

The View=>Goto doesn't offer these options! ( I wasn't aware of this fact until now!).

Edited by - edrees on 16 Apr 2020 11:09:40
Go to Top of Page

Scazon

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2020 :  11:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well bugger me, that's a new one on me. When did that turn up? Thanks for the heads-up.
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2020 :  12:28:54  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kind offer, -but I'll decline!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: