Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Copper Pour Shapes with Curved Sides?
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris55000

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2022 :  20:23:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there not a method of producing Copper Pour Areas with Curved or Shaped sides, such as used to be standard practice in the "tape and film" era of the 1960s to the 1980s?

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2022 :  20:40:24  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, -if you start with a rectangular copper pour area, you can edit each and every side by adding mitres or fillets or convert the side to an Arc and "drag" the arc to any radius you want.

Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2022 :  09:10:01  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can also "Merge" shapes to make very complex areas

Iain
Go to Top of Page

Chris55000

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2022 :  11:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah!

I hadn't thought of that – I didn't know about the "Merge" idea – I've seen the "Convert to Arc" option somewhere!

I'll have a look and report back – I wanted to make curved/shaped copper poured tracks for the BRC 2000 H.T. Regulator PCB I'm designing!

Chris Williams

Go to Top of Page

Chris55000

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2022 :  11:51:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah!

I hadn't thought of that – I didn't know about the "Merge" idea – I've seen the "Convert to Arc" option somewhere!

I'll have a look and report back – I wanted to make curved/shaped copper poured tracks for the BRC 2000 H.T. Regulator PCB I'm designing!

Chris Williams

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: